The Halifax Camerata Singers’ Board of Directors commemorated the choir’s 20th anniversary in 2007 by establishing a bursary fund for young singers to participate in the music programs organized by the Nova Scotia Choral Federation.
The bursaries complement the choir’s innovative Youth Mentoring Program, which was established in 2000 to offer young singers the opportunity to prepare and perform a concert with the Halifax Camerata Singers.
The Halifax Camerata Singers provides four bursaries valued at $100 each for accepted participants to the Nova Scotia Youth Choir.
- Applicants must be accepted into the Nova Scotia Youth Choir 2015 Program.
- Applicants must complete the Application Form, stating their music experience, what they hope to achieve, and how a bursary would help them.
- Preference may be given to singers with choral experience.
- Financial need will be a consideration.
- A reference is required from a music teacher, choir director, or other music leader.
- Deadline for applications: April 15, 2016